A denturist’s occupation is to be responsible for the promotion, restoration and rehabilitation of oral health which make him or her the best possible choice to help you derive the maximum benefit from your denture experience.
Most denturist fees are covered by dental plans and can be seen without a referral from another health care professional.
If you do not have a dental home, a regular dentist, or need a referral to an oral surgeon, your Denturist will be happy to refer you to the appropriate practitioner.
If your dentures are more than five years old, call us to schedule a complementary consultation to discuss how we can improve your appearance, confidence and possibly your health with high quality replacement dentures.
Indications you should recognize:
Changes in your face, jaw and tissues occur constantly, however your denture prosthesis does not. These physical changes happen gradually and are mostly unnoticeable to you but listed below are some signs indicating your denture prosthesis should be checked:
- Mouth soreness, sore spots, possible irritated tissues
- Loose fitting, falling out when talking or eating
- Jaw ridge bone loss
- Thinning lips, sagging mouth causing a change in facial features e.g. Chin sticking out further
- Denture is not being used and is being left out
- Headaches, ear pain, neck pain
- Difficulties chewing food e.g. teeth not sharp anymore
- Discoloration of pink acrylic or teeth
- Denture has an odor
Your denturist is qualified to tell you when a denture needs to be replaced.
When was the last time you visited your denturist?